Saturday, September 15, 2012

Introducing a new spin for N's Whims' Open Houses

 
I am very excited to share with you a new concept I am adding to my open houses. As you know, last year I started a program called Craft to Give Back, in which I use 10% of N's Whims' profits to purchase crafting supplies for special projects. Then, I set a date and invite anyone willing to donate their time. We all work together to make beautiful things, which are then donated to organizations in our community. We have been having so much fun doing this, it hardly feels like work!
Working on the necklaces we donated to Waunakee Neighborhood Connection last Christmas. Children from our community got to shop for gifts for their families for free! Such a fun event.
This year, Craft to Give Back is changing a bit. We are going to be making items to sell and then donating the money earned to organizations that are near and dear to our hearts. I think we can make an even greater impact this way! We don't have anything finished to sell at this fall open house, but will have some by the one in November. So, stay tuned on that one.

In the meantime, I also want to use the open houses as another opportunity to give back. I will be pairing each open house with an organization that I really admire. N's Whims and many of the other vendors will be donating 10% of proceeds from the open house to the organization! So, in effect, you get to buy beautiful things AND in doing so, give back to others. Win all around! 
 So, without further ado, the first organization pairing with the open house will be Bead for Life. They sell paper beads that are made by Ugandan woman, and I use them quite often in my jewelry designs.  

One of my vintage bottle cap bracelet designs with paper beads purchased from Bead for Life.

On their website, you'll find fascinating stories about inspiring members who work in Uganda. Their members are impoverished, hardworking and intelligent women with a strong desire to improve their lives. Their goal is for their members to be independent of Bead for life within 18 months by being able to support themselves within the Ugandan economy.

At the open house, there will be a table for Bead For Life--you can find out more about this amazing organization, buy some beautiful jewelry and find out more information on Craft to Give Back as well. Can't wait to see you next Sunday, 2-5pm! 1418 Blue Ridge Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment