Monday, August 8, 2011

With these hands, 2nd craft to give back night

SOOOOOOO awesome, I just dropped off 234 hair clips and 8 headbands to the Waunakee Neighborhood Connection. My girls came with and it was really neat to have them be a part of this project. When we were leaving, my oldest asked if we could bring stuff for the kids more often than once a month. I said, yes, let's have our own crafting session to make some things for you to bring in! So cool! I know exactly how she feels--it left me itching to have another crafting night so that we can donate some more beautiful things to those who struggle to meet life's necessities.

If you aren't familiar with how this works, my company, N's Whims, is giving back by purchasing and providing the supplies. Then, you all commit and show up on a 'craft to give back' night. We whip up some really cute items (all instruction is included), while enjoying the company of some other really cool women. Then, we donate what we make to Waunakee Neighborhood Connection for their free store. www.waunakeeneighborhoodconnection.com/WNC/
We all have a fabulous time and, as a bonus, you can learn a new craft to try at home!

So, we have a date set for the 2nd craft to give back night! Monday, August 22nd at 7:00 PM. We will be adorning stretch pants and long sleeve t-shirts for little girls. You are NOT going to want to miss this one! The first to sign up get their spot--let me know you want in and I will confirm with an email, which will include Nicole Mihalas' address (she has graciously offered to host this month and has a sewing machine, if needed :). No previous sewing experience is necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment